Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

Thresholds Feature Writing Competition

There's still time to enter the 2014 Thresholds Feature Writing Competition. It's a great competition, not only is entry free, there are prizes of £500 for first place and 2 x £100 for the runners up, and the shortlisted essays are often published. 

I was shortlisted in 2012 with this piece about Helen Simpson and again in 2013 with this piece about Adam Marek

This year, if I have the time, I'm going to write about Robert Shearman's fiction - I have a few other deadlines to meet first (including swatting up for my PhD Transfer Viva, which I've just discovered is on MONDAY - yikes) so it's all going to be a bit of a last minute rush. 

Robert Shearman's fiction is absolutely wonderful and if I don't finish my essay in time for this year's competition, I'll complete it when I'm a little less busy and then post it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment