Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

No-one likes a frowny face

When I was a little girl we used to sing a song. It went like this: 

If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay, 
quickly turn it upside down and smile the frown away. 
No-one likes a frowny face, change it for a smile. 
Make the world a better place by smiling all the while.

About five years ago someone told me that I smile too much. I was surprised - I didn't think there was such a thing as smiling too much, after all, no-one likes a frowny face. Since that time I've watched smiles carefully - other people's and my own.

I've learned that smiling is not necessarily an indication of happiness. I've also learned that 'frowny' faces are absolutely likeable and infinitely preferable to the disguise of an 'all the while' smile.

Two of my favourite 'frowny' faces: 







No comments:

Post a Comment