Pages

Monday 17 May 2010

Let's go fly a kite

Yesterday we went to Southport beach to fly our kites. It’s always windy at Southport beach and there isn’t usually any sea to see – it’s not the sort of beach anyone would relax and sunbathe on, but it’s great for a spot of mountain biking and kite flying.

The wind was strong and despite the coldness of the day, the sky was bright blue. I watched the kites weaving and curling and wished that it was me attached to the extendable string. It made me wonder if there are stories about people who can fly (Superman excepted). Sam told me that he has a book called 'The Boy Who Could Fly.' I asked him if it was any good.


'It's a bit childish,' he said.

Which is probbly to be expected, as it's a children's book. I've since added it to my 'to read' list.

I’m writing a story about a woman and a cherry tree at the moment, but I’ve made a note to take the kites out again soon because I’m sure there’s a story about flying waiting to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment